Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Christian Dior Haute Couture Spring 2011

Oh. My. God. Galliano, you dead seriously outdid yourself with this one. Absolutely everything about the 2011 Couture Collection oozed the sophistication and glamour stimulated from New Look and the early 1950's which I think many designer's have lost throughout the years. The entire collection, inspired by René Gruau, a longtime partner of Dior's and one of my favorite illustrators, is STUNNING. The color pallate was done to mimick a gouache practice; (a.k.a. paint suspended in water for a heavier watercolor effect) and can be seen throughout the looks by the ombre detailing within certian pieces. The second Karlie Kloss opened the show (met her, love her) in a gorgeous red coat it was game over: I'm sold. From start to finish, the show was incredible. Let's just hope one day I'll be able to see it in person. Au Revoir!








Check out the first half of the show here:

No comments:

Post a Comment