Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SWEAT THIS OR DIE

I am so beyond excited to be writing this post, mainly to be sure that everyone in the world is appropriately obsessing over my homegirl CHLOE POST, who just presented her first ever collection at Mercedes Benz Fashion Week (hhhoohmygod.) This past Friday, Elle Magazine hosted the second-annual Elle Fashion Next Show in partnership with Maybelline New York, where recent grads from the Savannah College of Art and Design debuted their aaahhhhhmaaazinggg collections to a star studded audience. I have to say, Chloe. Kicked. Ass.

One of the most interesting things about Post's collection is her inspiration behind it. She states, "My collection was influenced by a book that I’d finished reading at the beginning of my design process called2012: The Return of Quetzalcoatl. It features forward-thinking subject matter and looks at emerging new cultures, so I thought about what types of clothing people in a new culture would want to wear. My collection came together into what I like to think of as a 'cocktail soirĂ©e for a tribe of high-fashion underwater aliens.'"








There are so many up-and-coming designers today who simply follow the most popular trends season to season to fuel their inspiration, instead of taking an idea that is completely out of the box and creating something absolutely incredible from scratch. Chloe killed it! There is no doubt in my mind that I will one day have several of her designs running a regular rotation through my wardrobe. ALSO, VOTE FOR HER HERE as the winner of Elle's Fashion Next People's Choice Award.

xxoo, love you Chloe!

1 comment:

  1. Love this collection! Very individualistic and interesting!

    http://lavienmode.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete